In this modern, tech-driven, woke world, it is hard to believe that there are still stigmas and myths surrounding sex toys for women.
In my opinion, the only thing that should surround a sex toy is some happy part of you! Remember that sex toys were invented to cure women of what doctors in the 19th century called ‘hysteria’. They used vaginal massage as a known cure for many ailments including anxiety and insomnia.
If you have any preconceptions about using sex toys, perhaps this list of the 10 benefits of having toys, will help you to overcome them. In no particular order, here are;
10 BRILLIANT HEALTH REASONS FOR WOMEN USING SEX TOYS!
- Better sleep! Do you know how well you sleep after an orgasm? Well… nighty night! Sex toys are the perfect relaxative. Um, that came out wrong lol, but you know what I mean.
- Less PMS Cramps! The uterus contracts on orgasm, releasing chemicals in the brain that act as a natural pain reliever. Cramps, begone.
- Headache relief! Research shows that orgasms can relieve migraine pain or cluster headaches. In fact, full orgasm is not even needed; The joy chemicals released during sexual play can also do it. A real case for hugs, not drugs ;}}
- A tighter vagina! This is for enjoyment, sure, but also for health well into old age. Strengthen your internal muscles (PC muscles) with a Kegel ball and enjoy more stimulation and stronger orgasms, plus… much lowered danger of incontinence when you get old.
Related: Kegel Balls – The Unkeepable Secret!
- A boosted libido in general. Great sex will do that. It’s moreish! And, more sex helps with general vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity.
- Lower blood pressure! Research has uncovered a link between sex and lower blood pressure. As if you needed the research though… you know how chilled you are after a lovely orgasm…
- Can aid in the treatment of many menopausal symptoms including vaginal atrophy, and the pains and tightnesses that result from vaginismus and other conditions.
- A possible addition to, or even replacement for, some medical treatments like antidepressants. Of course, if you are already being prescribed something, you must consult your medical professional on the subject, but if you are feeling depressed these days, why not try an orgasm-rousing toy first?
- Reawaken your own, forgotten pleasure points! Vibrators can create different types of sexual stimulation, which can be beneficial when there is decreased sexual sensation, low libido or an inability to enjoy orgasm.
- Take the pressure off the relationship. Adding fun and sexy games, coupled with the fact that there is no pressure to make you come when you know the accessory is on hand (and on anything else you choose) to do the trick, makes for a much easier experience for both of you.
The list goes on, but I think you get the picture.
Having a healthy outlook on sex toys can mean being a healthier you, full stop!