Sex toy related injuries are pretty much as rare as hen’s teeth…
Which means: incredibly!
In any case, sex toy ‘accidents’ can occur.
The way that sex toy injuries can happen isn’t motivation enough to not want to utilize sex toys, but rather it is motivation to be an educated buyer and pleasure seeker.
Sex should feel good, yet a couple of wrong moves underneath the sheets could leave you in torment.
Anything from the common carpet burn to a penile break is conceivable in the event that you get excessively rough or move too quickly.
Move slowly and know your cutoff points to steer clear from these normal sex toy injuries and different risks and also know what to do on the off chance that you have one.
The Most Common Injury: Carpet Burn
The friction of scouring against an unpleasant surface — say a mat or the floor — can leave scratches and burns on your knees, back, butt and legs.
The name is not an accident: these injuries can feel like first-degree burns.
Friction burns can be exceptionally painful.
Luckily, most aren’t that serious, and they’ll mend all alone in a couple of days.
To avoid one of these, put a duvet or blanket down as a buffer surface, that is if you intend to get it going on the carpet or the floor.
Antibiotic ointments and creams help prevent infections.
Apply an antibacterial ointment like Neosporin to your burn and cover with glad wrap or a sterile, non-fluffy dressing or cloth.
Be sure to check: Our beginner’s guide to sex toys
Pain In The butt, It’s Stuck
In the event that something is going into your butt, it should be designed explicitly to go into the butt.
The vagina has an end zone (the cervix), but the butt-centric channel doesn’t.
The anal canal continues going to the rectum, colon, and afterward as far as possible up to the digestive system.
The toy needs a wide base to hold it back from voyaging higher up into the body than the butt.
Most of the time, what’s stuck isn’t a sex toy by any ‘stretch’ of the imagination: it’s commonly a household item that isn’t intended for butt-centric use.
Think phallic vegetables, electric toothbrushes and the like. So save yourself being the butt of the joke and a trip to the emergency room to have it removed.
If you find your butterfingers getting something stuck up there, don’t mess around. Seek medical attention faster than the babysitter’s boyfriend when the car pulls up.
DON’T leave it, as it can cause internal damage.
- Jewelled Beginner's Metal Butt Plug | Yes Baby R585,00 – R685,00
- Anal Relax Water Based Lube | Malesation R295,00
- BallChain Anal Beads | Malesation R745,00
Check out: Our beginners guide to Anal Sex Toys
Tears To The Anus Or The Vagina
Rough sex or an unfamiliar item (like a dildo) can tear the sensitive tissue inside the vagina or butt.
This can be quite sore, and you may bleed.
The skin on the anus and vulva is extremely sensitive, so gruff tipped sex toys can harm those tissues if individuals aren’t cautious
If you own a vulva you might be even more vulnerable to this sort of injury.
That is on the grounds that vulvar tissue can turn out to be much more sensitive when utilizing hormonal contraception or during hormonal changes like pregnancy or menopause.
In the event that the agony persists or is higher than a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale, take that as a sign to see a doctor.
Your doctor can recommend a pain easing cream. Try not to put anything inside your vagina or butt until the area is fully healed.
If the injury is a cut, there will be a higher risk of infection. You need to make certain to keep the region clean.
Utilize a lubricant at whatever point you engage in sexual relations to avoid injuries in the future.
- Aqua Natural Lubricant | Oske R225,00
- Woman Nude Sensitive Skin Lubricant | Pjur R245,00
- AquaGlide Lubricant | Joydivision R250,00 – R545,00
RELATED: Feeling the friction? All you need is lube
Less Common Sex Toy Injuries
- rope burns, bruises or slices from impact or bondage toys
- burst veins due to over pumping with penis, areola, vulva or clit pumps
- STI’s due to improper cleaning of sex toys after and before use
- hypersensitive responses to the ingredients in oils, excitement oils, or massage candles
- a stuck cock ring
- a broken penis
- scratches and cuts from pinpointed incitement toys
- temporary numbness due to overstimulation
How To Support Your Accomplice
An injury to any erogenous zone can be unnerving. As the accomplice of somebody with a physical issue, your responsibility is to be as soothing, steady, and delicate as could really be expected.
- examining whether there’s anything you might have done to diminish the odds of this event, utilized more lube, gone all the more slower, or checked in more regularly
- looking for the toy inside the vagina, whenever inquired
- offering to pay for or split the expense of the specialist visit
- driving or going with them to the specialist or crisis care, whenever inquired
- announcing the episode to the client care line of the sex toy maker (it goes without saying, with your accomplice’s approval).
- You could possibly get cash back, and if enough individuals report a comparable issue, the organization can even review the item and overhaul it.
- Liberty | Womanizer R2645,00
- Slimline Realistic Rechargeable Rabbit Vibrator | Happy Rabbit R2145,00
- Thrusting Realistic Rechargeable Rabbit Vibrator | Happy Rabbit R3045,00
- Riley Reid Utopia | Fleshlight Girls R2145,00
- Brad 7.5" Dildo | Swan Naked Addiction R945,00
- PalmPower Pocket Magic Wand | Swan R945,00
- Strengthening Kegel Balls | Satisfyer R625,00
The Last Word
Sex toy-prompted injuries can suck. In any case, it shouldn’t be motivation to avoid that specific sex toy or anyone of the other wonderful sex toys at your disposal.
You should, however, sort out what was distinctive this time from past experiences.
On the off chance that you’ve utilized the sex toy previously and have gotten joy from it before, you don’t have to exclude the toy entirely.
Did you utilize less lube than expected, or use it under your undies when you ordinarily use it over?
Provided that this is true, next time adhere to the go-to technique.
At Olivia Grey, we’re all about playing it safe and promoting sexual health. If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!
All of Olivia Grey’s products come in discreet packaging and we provide free delivery to all major centres in South Africa for orders over R750.
* Submit your email below for 10% off your first purchase!
Kindly don’t hesitate to contact us in the comments underneath in the event that you have any sex related inquiries.